What to do if you think a child is at risk
What to do if you think a child is at risk of abuse or neglect
If you think a child is in immediate danger, call the police and/or an ambulance on 999.
The Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is the front door to Children’s Social Care for all child protection and immediate safeguarding concerns. If there is an immediate safeguarding concern where a child is deemed at risk or has potentially suffered significant harm, the MASH team should be contacted immediately.
- Allegations/concerns that the child has been sexually/physically abused.
- Concerns that the child is suffering from severe neglect or other severe health risks.
- Concern that a child is living in or will be returned to a situation that may place him/her at immediate risk.
- The child is frightened to return home.
- The child has been abandoned or parent is absent.
If you have a concern about a child, please call MASH on 0345 050 7666 during office hours (8.30am – 5pm, Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am – 4pm on Fridays)
Outside office hours call the Emergency Duty Team on 0800 833 408.